Cloud Programme Manager
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation journey and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join TUI Group’s Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) team. With executive support, the team is responsible for developing and managing the cloud strategy, implementing governance and best practices, evangelising other employees and the organization as a whole to transform the business using cloud.
The CCoE team members have ownership over the overall cloud strategy, facilitate adoption of the technology, help migrate workloads, optimize and support all of the organizations' applications journey into the cloud. Cross-functional and hands-on, the team fosters collaboration with local market teams, evangelises best practices and shares knowledge with colleagues across the IT organisation. It is responsible for overseeing all cloud activities through a dedicated governance model that keeps track of the progress of TUI’s cloud journey and how it matches its targets.
To achieve this, you will have strong programme/project management, IT governance, communications and financial modelling capability along with personal characteristics including drive, energy, can-do attitude and a proven track record of delivering pragmatic solutions and measurable results.
This is a unique position for a senior programme manager with a customer centric mindset to get involved in the exciting opportunity to shape the digital transformation of TUI Group.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS cloud computing services and technology
- Proven experience in successfully leading complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business, on-time, on-schedule and within budget
- Have demonstrable experience in financial analysis, business planning, budget development, objectives and success criteria setting
- Strong experience using project management tools, Jira, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Experience of working in distributed multicultural teams across different lines of business and application backgrounds, including near shore and offshore team members and/or service providers
- Excellent English communicator, both verbal and written to influence, challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire your team, peers, stakeholders and leadership teams across the Group
- Commercial awareness with strong client facing and vendor relationship management skills
- Positive attitude, proactive and persistent stance, problem-solving skills and a strong commitment to delivering quality work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in large scale migration of on-premise workloads to cloud computing platforms
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or experience with Agile and/or DevOps methodologies
- Basic/intermediate understanding of verbal German language
- Formal project management qualification
As a Cloud Programme Manager you will part of a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are responsible for advancing TUI’s cloud journey across several lines of business.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role are to:
- Govern the execution of TUI’s cloud strategy and be a key sponsor of its adoption process
- Lead, define key initiatives and drive outcomes of the overall cloud programme
- Define and manage reporting of the cloud programme initiatives, through appropriate materials and communication strategies that keep up-to-date and/or influence relevant leadership teams
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the CCoE customers across the organisation, both locally and at group level
- Identify opportunities to augment the collaboration of the CCoE with its customers
- Foster a customer service culture through proactive engagement, ownership and the creation of a strong sense of accountability within the team
- Partner with CCoE customers, team members and relevant stakeholders to successfully govern demand collection and requirements definition of cloud initiatives and/or products
- Educate and market CCoE product offerings, how best to leverage the services and take advantage of the cloud value proposition
- Work together with TUI’s cloud design authority and landing zone team to ensure the delivery of appropriate cloud products to CCoE customers
- Collaborate with finance colleagues in the definition of cloud business cases for key initiatives and/or migrations of on-premise workloads to cloud computing platforms
- Facilitate the engagement of cloud communities of practice across the organisation
- Define and execute a communication strategy to share cloud achievements and promote success stories, hence being a driver for change in the culture of the company
- Work with suppliers, partners and varied stakeholders across the group to organise cloud related events that support training and enablement of people
- Ensure governance, regulatory, data protection and privacy requirements are adhered to
- Guarantee that the established TUI Information Security policies and standards are adhered to
You will support the Group Cloud Transformation Director and the Group Chief Technology Officer senior leadership team in defining strategies as well as creating and presenting communication material to various executive forums, steering committees and internal/external stakeholders.