Technical Delivery Lead (Customer Programme)
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Group Customer Programme, part of TUI’s international Digital Transformation team.
This role will be responsible for running the software development, testing and infrastructure teams within these programmes, working with the programme managers to deliver the new systems.
This a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in customer service. Customer Programme’s aim is to enable a single view of our customer and deliver an efficient and effective solution to manage customer queries and contacts across all of TUI touch points. You are invited to join this strategic programme to drive delivery of solutions.
- Match technical solution to a business need and help explain and sell the solution to the stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate to senior stakeholders in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to challenge technical solutions suggested by the architects and delivery teams
- Ability to lead SWAT teams when necessary and when key issues are found within a project from start-finish – i.e. drive a team from a business and technical perspective to successful conclusion.
- Ensure that solutions proposed are within and working towards the Digital Platform strategic direction.
- Experience in delivery in large scale enterprise grade Customer centric solutions
- Experience in delivering CRM solutions based on SAP Hybris Cloud4Customer (C4C) architecture or alternative SaaS/PaaS e.g. SalesForce
- Experience in Customer centric (CRM) / Customer 360 and Customer MDM projects
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices
- In depth understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns and best practices specially integration with SaaS
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of solution designers, engineers and developers
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
- Background in agile development process with a desire to move to full devops
- Retained sufficient coding skill to be able to build small proof of concept demonstrators as needed to guide technical staff
- Able to promote best practice throughout all delivery teams and know instinctively when an existing practice is not helpful or carries unacceptable risk
- Able to use planning tools such as Jira and Microsoft Project to ensure commitments made to overall milestones can be justified by current status of sprints and feature backlog in support to the project management.
- Able to support QA managers in delivering best practice around automated functional testing, performance testing and penetration testing.
- Deep understanding and successful track record of technically helping delivering customer data focussed projects
- Proven experience as development and test manager for complex systems using multiple technologies and managing teams of 50+ people.
- Comfortable managing and technical leading remote teams of developers and testers around the world, each using different technology sets and concepts
- Previous development experience building on the AWS serverless technology stack along with hands on use of the AWS APIs would be highly advantageous.
You will act as the technical delivery authority for our software engineering teams and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases, ensuring all engineering teams are working to best practice. As delivery manager you work closely with the project management to plan and adjust the resources and priorities in respect to the project plan.
You will have a strong background of managing and technical leading development and test teams with a blended mix of onshore, nearshore and offshore resources. You will be comfortable taking a best-practice approach to agile software delivery within an overall waterfall programme management framework. In particular, we are looking for a rare blend of core technical understanding across the full technology stack, coupled with the ability to manage very senior stakeholders around the world.