Application Support Manager | Luton | TUI
How you will make an impact as an Application Support Manager
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Hi, we’re TUI Technology, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is! Our dream-makers have helped automate the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now we have a new opening for an experienced Application Support Manager to help deliver and manage our software solutions delivery and operations that support our product lifecycle management, inventory and reservation management, contracting and supplier systems. The role will encompass the following activities:
- You will be accountable for the 24x7 live operations & support for the Commercial, Product & Sourcing platforms enabled by Atcore and Tibco technology.
- You will be responsible for building and operating platforms/toolsets required to support the delivery of changes to the Atcore platform.
- You will lead, coach and develop Application Support Teams by example to deliver professional, timely, effective and high-quality applications support, and consultancy across the whole IT organisation, 3rd party suppliers and the business community.
- You will build business relationships with key TUI stakeholders to enhance the reputation of Services, and provide the opportunity to pro-actively manage issues and requirements of the business.
- You will ensure all production applications are supported in line with business requirements including the provision of out of hours support where necessary with adequate staff coverage and management support.
- You will continually improve the way application services are delivered, supporting the team contribution to the ‘Root Cause Analysis’ (RCA) process to prevent application incidents from reoccurring.
- You will work closely with the Problem and Incident Team as well as Service Managers in the management of high severity incidents when required.
- You will manage operational performance and carrying out problem trend analysis recommending improvements to reduce costs and increase stability and quality.
- Working closely with the Project Delivery teams and Service Transition managers to ensure production criteria is adhered to by projects, and all acceptance criteria are agreed and delivered before accepting new projects into production.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the operational stability of TUI key inventory, reservation systems underpinning selling capability to 6 million customers across six geographical locations.
- You will work closely with Atcore to promote innovation in how change is delivered into live service introducing more agile, DevOps culture, helping the business to stay in front of a fast-moving and competitive market by making sure the modern technology is utilized.
- You will be responsible for Tibco and Atcore’s performance managed through a set of SLAs, KPIs, and commercial agreements.
What you will bring as an Application Support Manager
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Validated skills and experience in a 24x7 production environment, especially one based on Oracle or Linux/Unix platforms.
- Previous experience of managing Automation or Platform service teams and delivery of infrastructure focussed Technology services and projects across various models – hosted, cloud, SaaS, etc.
- Validated skills and experience gained working in an Agile and ITIL based environment.
- A deep understanding of working in a Retail/Travel/End User company is highly desired.
- Validated skills and experience building high-performance, high traffic enterprise applications at scale, managing teams and 3rd Parties across complex software programs.
- Validated experience working with distributed, redundant and transactional systems and their operation.
- You will be self-sufficient, motivated and well-organized, with a high level of personal integrity and a strong commercial acumen and awareness of business strategy and IT alignment.
- You will be a very good communicator, presenting and framing complex technologies within a strategic business context to non-technical audiences.
- You will be an open collaborator to facilitate a joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements.
- You will be able to work with ambiguity and analyse complex schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations.
- You will be ambitious able to cultivate a positive approach.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.