Data Analyst | London | TUI
An Analyst within our scrum delivery teams will apply analytical methods and tools to equip the business areas with relevant and accurate information upon which they can make timely and better-informed decisions. You will be passionate about working with data and ensuring we build products that exposes the value of that data.
You will be responsible for supporting the data and analytics scrum teams with reporting and analysis to help plan, optimise and sustainably grow our data services.
This role will focus on delivering excellence in data analytics by measuring performance of the product or service you represent, help the QA process, assist in being the bridge between the business analysts and the delivery teams.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
- You will gain an understanding of the requirements and take it down the data field level.
- Participate with the wider working governance and standards teams.
- Document and define consolidated logical and physical Data Models across different platforms and hand them over to Data Engineers for implementation.
- Collaborate with Data Scientist to explore opportunities to deploy advanced analytics such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Actively participating in a TUI Analytics Community.
- Provide some ad-hoc analysis to understand what has happened and assist in predicting the future.
- Maintain, update and create marketing analytics and reporting systems, such as dashboards.
What you will be doing
- A real can-do attitude with a willingness to just get on with the job and make great things happen
- Previously worked on a ”Big Data platform”, enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business
- Hands on experience with modern "Big Data" systems (e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue) Snowflake is a bonus.
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire.
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, CSV etc.
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools like Matillion, Glue, Talend or SSIS.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes).
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL.
- Understanding data modelling.
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Scala, python.
- Understanding of software application tools and techniques such as API, Micro Services, Event-Driven Architecture, RESTful Web Services, and N-Tier Applications.
- Experience of requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling, UML, use cases and prototyping.
- Strong problem solving and analytic
- A natural curiosity and passion for diving into the data and driving game-changing decision-making.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com