Platform Engineer | London | TUI
|TUI Business:||Group IT|
United Kingdom | London | SE1 9BB | Minerva House 3-5 Montague Close London Bridge
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and data and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join TUI Global Enabling Data Platforms function.
TUI Enabling Data Platforms provides IT and Business teams across TUI Enterprise, products and services to efficiently store, manage and through modern analytics and processing, leverage data consistently enabling rapid time to insight. Examples of services in the suit are, Enterprise Data Lake, Global Data Assets discovery, Self-serve Data Analytics and Science environments, AI driven Data Quality and Assurance Services etc.
As a Platform Engineer you will join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in the Big Data & Advanced Analytics arena; enabling successful delivery of value add marketing, hyper personalisation, recommendation and decision support services built on Enabling Data Platforms.
The Platform Engineer is part of the core delivery function and will be working on development on one or more EDP products.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
- Develop Enabling Data Platform services and products as per Agile and DevOps practices
- Where required support Product Owners and Architects for estimation, planning and design
- Keep up to date on EDP technology stack and development methodology
- Look for opportunities to improve code quality
- Work with other engineers to develop re-usable frameworks and services to accelerate future development
- Investigate and resolve issues and bugs
- Participate in Hackathons and PoC development initiatives
- Be an active member of TUI wide Engineering Communities of practice, sharing knowledge and adopting standard methodologies
- Be an advocate and a passionate member of the EDP team promoting the services
- Support the Site Reliability Engineers in addressing critical issues and providing solution options and actual fixes
What we are looking for
Preferably AWS Certified or possession of equivalent expertise through experience
- Experienced and passionate engineer with recent involvement in developing solutions in AWS cloud
- Experience in developing Infrastructure as code in AWS
- End to end automated CI/CD pipelines development and utilisation knowledge
- Strong development skills in:
- Terraform Scripting
- AWS Lambda Functions
- Node.JS, Python, XML
Understanding of key Big Data and ML/AI concepts
Experience in developing MicroServices and related AWS services (Lambda, EKS, ECS, Fargate)
Deep knowledge of key AWS Data Science and Analytics platforms (Sage Maker, Spark on EMR)
Development experience in building end to end search and discovery solutions in AWS e.g. Dynamo DB and Elastics Search
Deep knowledge in other AWS technology such as: AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation, Aurora, DynamoDB, Neptune, AWS Macie, Kinesis, AWS KMS
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com