SAP Functional Consultant
|TUI Business:||Group IT|
United Kingdom | Luton | LU2 9TN | Wigmore House
|Hours per week:||37.5|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
As the SAP ERP Senior Functional Consultant – Process Lead and Service Delivery Manager you will respond to Business and Technical requirements deliver improvements to the solution, extend the functionality of the Finance System alongside resolving Incidents and supporting Changes and Projects.
TUI Group is implementing SAP across the Business with the system live across ten countries and the scope growing as TUI Group IT implements its’ strategy for single solutions where appropriate. €13.5 billion worth of revenue being accounted for in the solution. Further rollouts of the single solution across additional territories are planned along with the move to the cloud.
This is an exciting time to join the Team with a wide remit, multiple projects and new functionality constantly required to meet the business demands.
What you will be doing
- Take ownership of a specific Functional area (O2C, P2P,R2R), managing the resources and allocating tasks and meeting the expectations of the Head of Support..
- Manage the relationship with the Managing Director TBS, The Director of Reporting and Control Director, the General Process Owners and other Business owners.
- You will lead Triage meetings, providing expert technical and process advice to the users, Support the change board explaining the technical requirements of new functionality versus SAP standard and effort required to design, develop and implement changes
- Manage an Offshore as well as Onshore team ensuring all are aligned and fully supporting the multiple users across multiple countries and business units.
- Understand user and process requirements, make recommendations against the requirements to ensure a best in class solution can be delivered.
- Be able to analysise, design and configurate SAP FI, SD and Purchasing solutions (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Provide knowledge and understanding of SAP FICO, SD and Purchasing concepts and process flows that they are able to both understand existing configuration and solutions and also design new solutions for new requirements
- Be responsible for the successful maintenance of SAP including the provision of functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on SAP products to the Business community.
- Act as liaison with the users for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software problems as well as map the clients’ business requirements, processes and objectives by developing the necessary product modifications in order to satisfy the business needs.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the SAP environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions
- Review the documentation to ensure all is correct and appropriate to assist future deployments and provide an easily accessible repository for the technical information.
- Be a catalyst for Service Improvement across the solution for both the users and the technical teams ensuring we take full advantage of the system capabilities.
- Implement and support SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the clients’ business functionality and overall performance while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Transition / Service delivery Manager from an ITIL perspective this includes;
- Service strategy
- Service design
- Service transition
- Service operation
- Continual service improvement
- Project/service transition elements when changes/projects or BAU releases are moved into live enabling the service support structure for a new service introduction/enhancement, KT support team upskill and solution stabilisation/transition from warranty
- Provide a pivotal role in responding to internal and external audit requirements, supplying evidence, explanations and support as required to meet the ITGC control framework
- Support the Coso control environment attesting for the allocated responsibilities in the Risk Control Matrix ensuring appropriate processes are in place to meet the established criteria
- Maintain a full up to date document set in Solution Manager
- Constantly Review all test scripts for the area of responsibility and ensure they provide appropriate coverage to reduce the impact of any transports on the solution.
- Consult with peers on Incidents, changes and projects as required
- Familiarity with best practice interface technologies within a SAP environment and able to architect changes or enhancements to interfaces as required
- Abide by the Coso standards, identify any risks and where appropriate get added to the risk register.
What we are looking for
- Must have at least three full lifecycle SAP R/3 implementation experience (Project Preparation till Go-Live)
- In depth knowledge of the SAP FICO, SD and MM/PO modules (R2R, O2C and P2P)
- Strong understanding of general accounting concepts as well as costing and revenue processes
- Strong SAP knowledge / skills within R2R, O2C and P2P
- Strong communication and support/consulting skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with the latest SAP versions and technology
- Business knowledge and process design skills
- Ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects/requirements simultaneously, meet deadlines, and properly escalate issues for a timely resolution
- Self-motivated team player that thrives in a collaborative and competitive environment
- Be able to travel to other TUI Group IT locations as the role demands.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com