Senior BI Developer
As a BI Developer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical product alongside a talented multi-disciplinary team comprising of engineering, analytics, science. You will be passionate about working with data and ensuring we build products that exposes the value of that data.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
- Transforming complex business structures, processes and activities into technical solutions
- Build out our data lake and transform our data into usable data views e.g. customer 360°
- Design, build and support scalable, high performance data applications, repositories and data governance related applications
- Contribute to the definition of data architecture standards and establish best practices for data management (including the handling of Personally Identifiable Information - PII)
- Design and implement logical and physical data models across platforms
- Building ETL jobs both in batch and Real-time
- Manage equivalent, separate data sets across different development and staging environments as part of our release process
- Seek out opportunities to propose new concepts and ideas in ‘Big Data’ and expand existing platforms or leverage new technologies to meet more complex business needs
- Help mentoring the more junior engineers and analysts in data product development
What we are looking for
- Previously worked on a ”Big Data platform”, enabling non-technical users to gain insight into key business metrics
- Hands on experience with modern "Big Data" systems (e.g. Amazon RedShift, Snowflake, Athena, Glue) Snowflake is a bonus
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Excellent knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, CSV, AVRO ect.
- Hands-on ETL experience using tools like Matillion, Glue, Talend or SSIS
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes)
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Scala, python.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- Master Data Management and Data Governance experience
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to evaluate business specifications, design in detail all data solutions necessary and provide technical guidance to other members of a project team
- Experience of working effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com