Senior BI Reporting Analyst & Developer | Luton | TUI
Cutting edge Technology, Discounted Holidays & Flexible working options – apply to find out more!!
At TUI we push boundaries and are at the forefront of the Travel industry. We enable customers to book their dream holidays.
We are planning to deliver a step-change in the benefits realised from these capabilities both in our commercial decision making across the Group. TUI is embarking on a large scale Group-wide analytics data project capturing raw data across all source markets to feed a cloud based data lake and commercial data warehouse.
We require experienced reporting specialists who will join us as we embark on this exciting journey and will set up reporting environments using the latest business intelligence and analysis tools and to provide reporting and support to various business functions across TUI Group and source markets. The roles require working collaboratively with the business and other BI and analytics team members on the definition, development, and deployment of reports as well as end-user support within a dynamic and high profile business intelligence environment.
These are new roles that require proficient Spotfire use and offer an exciting opportunity to start early on the project and help shape the outcome.
How you will make an impact as a BI Reporting Analyst?
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- Reporting requirements: Working with end-users across various business functions you will be responsible for evaluating and shaping the best reporting solution. You will understand the business problems and document reporting or dashboard requirements. You will need to fully understand not just what report is required, but what business problem they are trying to solve and using your in depth knowledge of the business and data sources.
- Report building: You will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining reports which are accurate, effective, understood by the business users and are in line with company development and design standards. You will work with the business to perform user acceptance testing and also train and coach system users to effectively use the data available to create their own accurate reports. You will be responsible for automating daily, weekly and monthly reports and ensuring that they have run successfully and take remedial action where necessary.
- Reporting environment: Covering a range of cutting edge reporting tools, you will be responsible for defining, building and maintaining the reporting layers and reporting environment. This will cover data in the new Group data lake and various AWS Redshift datamarts.
- Feedback: As a primary contact with the business you will proactively feedback any additional data requirements to the BI team so that existing solutions can be enhanced or new solutions developed
What you will bring to TUI as a BI Reporting Analyst?
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- Proven Spotfire knowledge and experienced
- Proven experience of working with stakeholders and other developers within a BI reporting environment to understand user requirements and data available for reporting
- Extensive experience of engaging with technical and non-technical users to gather, understand and document business requirements, produce appropriate reports and perform acceptance testing of report outputs
- Extensive experience of setting up reporting layers, maintenance and use of current reporting tools
- Advanced SQL skills with broad experience and understanding of data warehouse models and principles
- Extensive experience of managing the expectations of internal clients and stakeholders whilst supporting reporting users to best make use of the technology and the data opportunities that exist to support their departmental initiatives
- Highly numerate with expert communication skills both written and verbal.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.