Senior Data Science Consultant | Luton | TUI
TUI group sees the application of data and as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. This is a great time to join the team which is extending the application of data and analytics across the TUI business, joining up the data and providing data science and analytics expertise across multiple business functions.
The Senior Data Science Consultant role will be part of our analytics and data science team and work on key strategic projects touching many parts of the business. The role has accountability for the design and development of the analytical solutions using a variety of technologies, and techniques, and working alongside IT, business and other data science colleagues. These projects may operate across different source markets, and so although the role is primarily UK based, some travel may be required.
TUI and in particular the UK has always been a data driven business. The UK team has for example developed an in-house yield solution automating the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now deployed across 4 markets in the group. TUI are significantly investing in the area of data science both from a technology and people perspective and have a number of ambitious projects in progress across commercial, digital, airline and customer.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Data Science Consultant
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- As a Senior Data Science Consultant you will
- We are currently working on a number of very important and interesting projects, which use leading edge technology and are key to TUI’s growth plans with high visibility at the executive level.
What you will bring to TUI as a Senior Data Science Consultant
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- Highly numerate with a broad understanding of analytics, data science and technology with an ability to spot how particular approaches can be applied
- Proven experience of structuring and solving complex business problems using data and technology
- Self-motivated consultant who takes initiative and works collaboratively;
- Ability to manage ambiguity and quickly adapt to changes in priority;
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, in English. Comfortable managing and influencing senior stakeholders
- Familiarity and experience with a wide range of technologies for example Python, R, SQL, Spotfire
- Knowledge and experience in data, statistics and machine learning
- Experience using AWS or other cloud technology is preferred
- Degree qualification (minimum 2:1) in a mathematics or scientific degree; associated post graduate or professional qualification is highly valued.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com