Senior Front End Developer | Luton | TUI
Cutting edge Technology, Discounted Holidays & Flexible working options – apply to find out more!!
Hi, we’re TUI Technology, we make dreams happen, right now somewhere around the world someone’s holiday dreams are coming true. Our Technologists like to dream big, from big data through to big enterprise-scale solutions, they have their head in the clouds, the AWS Cloud that is! Our dream-makers have helped automate the management of 18 million prices on an hourly basis and now we have a new opening for an experienced Lead Software Developer to help provide technical leadership and engineering development best practices across a range of multi-channel web projects.
How you will make an impact as a Lead Software Developer?
There are many ways for you to get involved:
- You will make significant improvements across our three major branded websites: TUI UK, First Choice, and TUI Ireland.
- Use modern UI technologies built on React across web projects.
- Contribute and design new Coding Standards including defining standards for SEO, accessibility, performance, and SLAs.
- Be involved in the design and development of UI Technologies such as HTML5 & CSS.
- You will work within an Agile team supporting the Scrum Master, Product Owners and UI developers from a design perspective.
- You will promote quality and performance improvements using new working practices.
- Design and Engineer Prototyping
- Design the interfaces with the User application team and Solution Designers.
What you will bring to TUI as a Lead Software Developer:
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things
- Worked as a lead or manager - within an enterprise organisation and worked across cross-functional teams.
- Worked in an Agile Scrum environment.
- A strong background in Frontend Development using the following technologies: HTML, React AND CSS
- A deep understanding of Agile and Lean delivery concepts and methodologies.
- You will need to be able to work as part of a team, with strong social and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written.
- Exposure to UX/UI design based on current trends and user models.
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator, our key brands include TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 6 million customers each year. We’re on a journey towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.