Site Reliability Engineer | London | TUI
TUI’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Enabling Data Platforms provides IT and Business teams globally a set of products and services to efficiently store, manage and leverage data in an efficient way. Examples of services are Enterprise Data Lake, Global Data Assets discovery, Self-serve Data Analytics and Science environments etc.
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all production services and products running smoothly. SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software engineers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and code base.
Joining the Enabling Platforms team as Site Reliability Engineer, you will be key in maturing our organisation in automation and continuous delivery and help with implementing the processes to ensure high availability and quality. I build it, I run it.
What you will be doing
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and customer incidents (level 2 and level 3 support).
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening again.
- Spend at least 50% of your time on development and automation.
- Run our infrastructure with CloudFormation and Terraform (all environments).
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages (application and infrastructure in all environments).
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow scaling.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan the growth of infrastructure.
- Creating blog posts.
- Contributions to handbook, runbooks, general documentation.
- Maintaining good relationships with other engineering teams in TUI that help improve the Enabling Data Platforms product.
- Participate in DevOps Champions/Community of Practice.
What we are looking for
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
Specific Enabling Data Platforms technology skills:
- AWS Data persistence services (S3, Dynamo, Aurora, Neptune)
- AWS Lake formation
- AWS Data Analytics Services e.g. Sage Maker, Athena, EMR, Redshift
- AWS IAM
General DevOps skills:
- Monitoring and logging e.g. ELK, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Grafana, Dynatrace, DATADOG
- Security tooling e.g. Tenable
- AWS security features and best practices
- Design of self-healing and fault-tolerant services
- Techniques and strategies for maintaining high availability
- CI Tooling e.g. Jenkins, GitLabCI.
- Certificate management.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com