Technical Lead (API & Data) | London | TUI
As a Tech Lead within our Data and Analytics function, you will perform a crucial role in technically shaping and delivering our data and analytical product alongside our product owner. You will mentor other engineers in your team to instil agile principals, TDD approach and technical skill. This is a hand on role where you would be a project resource at least 50% of the time.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
What you will be doing
- Designing, prototyping, and implementing robust big-data applications using best-practice agile development processes
- You will be analytical in your thinking and work closely with our data scientists to bring to life advanced analytics to the consumer.
- Using creative thinking, contribute to the design of new data products.
- Building and leading a high-performance, tight-knit, agile, quality-focused team
- Fostering a team culture of innovation, pride in the craft, and mutual respect
- Providing technical and architectural oversight across multiple projects simultaneously
- Supporting the team by removing obstacles and helping the rest of the team deliver their stories
What we are looking for
- A passionate senior engineer with a minimum of five years commercial data engineering experience
- Experience working with both modern compiled and dynamic / scripting languages: e.g. node, Go, Java 8, Scala, python.
- Experience in real-time analytics and streaming platforms (Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- Comfortable working with SQL / NoSQL
- An advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as CI, TDD, and automated deployment
- Comfortable learning new technologies, languages, and tools on the job, to ensure that the product is not left behind in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
- A positive, collaborative mindset and a desire to deliver real business value to the customer
- Experience modelling and evolving complex data structures
- Real passion for big data and streaming technologies
- An ability to challenge us! We want people who can come in and shape the future of this business, not afraid to raise questions and help us improve.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com