Principal Architect – Integration, API & MicroServices
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation journey and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join TUI’s International Group Digital Transformation team.
Playing a key part in the success of the Digital Customer Platforms Transformations, as a Principal Architect – API/Integration/Microservices you will be a senior member of TUI Group Digital Platforms Architecture team and provide Architecture and technical designs for critical integrations and APIs within Group Customer Digital Platforms domain. To achieve this, you will have a strong hands-on technical background. You will also possess personal characteristics including drive, energy, can do attitude and a proven track record of delivering pragmatic architectures and measurable results.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in offering outstanding and digital experiences to our customers.
- Proven experience in delivering large scale SaaS/PaaS/CRM/MDM/Analytics/Mobile/API/Microservice Architectures
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written in English to influence, challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire your team, peers and stakeholders across the Group Rich experience in managing Business, Application, Information and Technology Architecture end to end
- Proven senior technology practitioner with experience in delivering large and complex technology solutions across a variety of platforms
- Experience in defining and evolving API product roadmaps
- SME knowledge and experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns
- SME knowledge and experience in design and development of RESTful APIs
- Experience in domain driven data modelling and API contract definition
- Proven track record of design and implementation of scalable and performant microservice architectures in the Cloud
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in designing solutions in AWS (Certifications preferred)
- Experience of working in distributed multicultural teams with near shore and offshore based services providers
You will play a key part in the delivery of large, complex strategic transformation initiatives that cut across TUI Group. This role will focus on defining the strategic roadmap for key API products as well as producing Architecture blueprints for implementation of the APIs including back-end Microservices. Furthermore, you will have an end to end ownership of assuring all solutions, products, services and platforms in the Digital Customer Domain are fully integrated adopting best practice integration patterns and technology choices.
As a senior member of the Customer Digital Architecture team you will collaborate with the other Lead and Principal Architects in defining strategic blueprints to achieve the long-term goals of the domain for application and systems landscape rationalisation and integration simplification.
You will take full ownership of the technical designs of our most critical integrations and APIs and present these at relevant Architecture and Design Assurance boards. It will be your responsibility to also work with Architects across d local market teams to keep a focus on end-to-end aspects of all solutions, ensuring they are integrated as per our Group ABC (API/Cloud/BigData) strategies, scalable, adaptable and in line with ever changing and evolving business needs. You will also have direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that set the selection, development, implementation and use of new technologies and capabilities within the Group Digital Customer domain.
As a Principal Architect you will ensure that solutions do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other or business and IT strategies. A key objective of the role is to drastically simplify and standardise integrations across the domain and promote re-usability and agility through design and build of a set of high value business and utility APIs.
You will partner and work with stakeholders across the Group, primarily source market Architects, Business Leads and Delivery Managers. This will mean acting as an interface at source market level and advocating and driving through the Digital Customer Domain API and Integration Architecture objectives. To be successful at this you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of our IT Strategy, different business models, our complex technology landscape and all the interdependencies that exist across group digital platforms capabilities as well as source markets and business units adoption maturity and readiness
Strategic Initiative work material
You will support the Group Platforms Director of Architecture and the Group Digital Platforms senior leadership team in defining strategies as well as creating and presenting communication material to various executive forums, Steering Committees and internal/external conferences