Head of Data Governance
As the Data Governance Lead, Customer Domain, you will be responsible for global customer data governance. Your role will be pivotal in the evolution of TUI into a truly data driven organisation that creates significant value from its unique IP; the end to end customer journey. You will drive the delivery of the company wide strategic and operational business, technology and data delivery plans through your leadership and management.
Customer Domain is focused on accelerating the development of customer facing digital capabilities across the entire holiday cycle as well as simplifying and standardising our technology platforms and infrastructure across all markets. We are also transforming the way our IT organisation is structured and works, building new IT capabilities and skills for the future.
- Experience of developing major organisational data governance strategy and direction
- Evidence of operationally improving the data assets of a global organisation
- Experience of delivering major assurance review/QA on large scale technology and data ecosystems
- Deep knowledge of the role of data in Digital enabled business change
- Proven track record of successfully delivering Data Transformation Programmes with FTSE 250/ Fortune 500 or similar sized large organisations
- Ability to think strategically and originally with the communications skills to articulate this thinking to all levels of the organisation
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and gravitas at C’ level
- Extensive experience of team management with actual, virtual, matrix, projects and global teams
- Self-starter, motivated, resourceful and independent
- Educated to degree level
It would also be desirable to have:
- Ideally has experience of working for a major consultancy at Senior Manager/Director or Partner level
- Knowledge of latest software delivery method e.g. Agile, DSTN etc.
- Broad Customer, Business, Technical, Analytical, Statistical and Infrastructure skills
As the Data Governance Lead, Customer Domain you will lead the Governance Team. You will play a lead role in setting the standards, shaping the definitions and driving TUIs performance across data governance, data architecture, data operations, data mapping and management, data modelling and data quality.
You will also own the Customer data governance strategy, documentation and communications material and will need ensure that this is adhered to across all areas of TUI that work with our valued customer data. Equally important will be the assurance, protection and approval of new and varied uses of our customer data across both existing and new initiatives.
This is a role that requires a highly capable leader who can balance both the strategic direction setting and guidance needed across TUI with the operational management and execution of data standards, data schemas, data modelling and the elements that bring the data governance strategy to life. You will also help direct the demand management and prioritization of data service development across all of our products and services.
As the Data Governance Lead, Customer Domain, you will be accountable to drive value from our customer data through scaled in-production solutions across all of our physical and digital channels for all of our markets and verticals.
This is a significant role with responsibilities reflective of that, including:
- Co-ordinate, Manage & Data Steward below activity across markets and technology platforms to ensure alignment
- Specifies the data architecture across the Big Data Platform, including data marts, & assesses the impact of change requests
- Defines how the data needs to be shaped & delivered to support the business need & provides business guidance on usage
- End user documentation, e.g. data dictionary & operating instructions
- Data quality and GDPR reporting & resolution
- Define data requirements for new platform features
- UAT for new features or fixes
- Support for incident management & resolution, including data analysis for bug fixing
- Detailed understanding of the data inflows & outflows (data lineage, integration points) & how the data support business capabilities
- Defines & maps how we track the 'cookie to customer' data flow from authentication & customer account across digital channels (inc. DMPs) to build the customer profile & deliver the customer 360 view
- Defines logical data models across Digital Platforms
- Assesses the impact of work requests to change the logical data models & logical data structures (XSDs)
- QA of API changes, e.g. assessment of new data points in the API & the impact on Digital Platforms & data flows, etc.
- Specifies the ETL / batch scheduling requirements (specifically the business usage & priority for each data feed)
- Defines & publishes data standards & definitions, e.g. reference data management across Digital Platforms, definition of engagement & core customer data quality