Mobile Solutions Architect
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation strategy and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join our Mobile Platform Hub, part of TUI’s international Digital Transformation team.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
- Proven experience as Solution Architect for delivering large scale, multi-project technical Mobile app/platform solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- Experience in leading and working with multi-skilled, mixed internal and supplier resourced design teams
- Experience with solutions for travel, hospitality retail or corporate services Mobile platforms
- In depth knowledge of Mobile App development and continuous build and integration technology stacks
- Experience of applying various integration patterns in a highly complex and heterogeneous environment including SOA, API, Microservices and EDA
- In depth knowledge of best practice software development patterns and more specifically Mobile apps
- Solid understanding of Agile & Waterfall product lifecycle management
- Understanding of CRM and Customer 360 concepts
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of solution designers, engineers and developers
- Effectively interact with product managers and other organisational units such as Testing and Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
Playing a key part in the Mobile Platform Hub, the Mobility Lead Solutions Architect will act as the technical design authority for the function with the responsibility to rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies and develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Customer Platforms Strategies as well as contributing to the overall Group Platform Enterprise Strategies.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling digital solutions to leapfrog TUIs Digital Customer Experience capabilities.