Senior Technical Project Manager
As a Senior Project Manager within our Group Marketing Platform (GMP) programme you will be responsible for the implementation of the GMP within our largest source market, the United Kingdom & Ireland. The GMP, powered by a state of the art Big Data solution, delivers personalised, multi-channel marketing communications to TUI’s customers in a timely and relevant manner.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
- Minimum of 10 years experience of project managing large and difficult projects
- Self-starter and proactive – able to drive through issues to resolution
- Experience of managing and delivering projects in an agile environment
- CRM (IBM Campaign/IBM Marketing Cloud
- Customer Data (BI/Data Warehousing/Big Data)
- Good Microsoft Project skills
- Excellent communicator with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including staff based offshore
- Experience working with documentation and workflow tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Experience of managing remote development groups or third parties.
- Strong conflict management skills
- Proven decision making ability – excellent commercial judgement
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer oriented
- Work will require travel – including some overseas travel (primarily the Netherlands).
We are currently looking for a delivery focussed Senior Project Manager with experience of CRM and customer data related projects (ideally IBM Campaign/IBM Marketing Cloud or a leading competitor such as Exact Target or Neolane plus data warehousing/BI/Big Data) to lead the implementation of our new multi-channel marketing platform across the UK & Ireland. As a Senior Project Manager you will work closely with key stakeholders to produce and then manage implementation plans and schedules. This will involve developing and maintaining a project plan to give visibility to timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress to date.
In partnership with the UK&I you will quantify and agree the success and quality criteria for the project deliverables, ensuring that the solutions meet the agreed business requirements. You will also control changes to project scope and ensure that impact to the project and benefits is clearly understood and correctly authorised.
You should be experienced working within an agile environment, however, this is a role for a practical and pragmatic delivery focussed individual and not an agile theorist. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the rollout including both technology and business-focussed tasks
As a Senior Project Manager you will work with stakeholders to get agreement on the prioritisation of requirements and detailed scope to help drive our platform to the next level