Solution Architect, TUI Aviation
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and are looking for talented and dedicated people to join the team.
An opportunity has arisen for a TUI Aviation Solutions Architect to work within the TUI Aviation Architecture Team with both local and virtual team members across 5 Airlines, working with external partners and internal teams.
- A broad base of technical knowledge and experience and the ability to make reasoned and pragmatic decisions within the business and technical context.
- Demonstrable ability to lead the design of solutions, ensuring alignment with Group policy by implementing core digital capabilities of API´s, Big Data and Cloud services.
- A keen understanding of the operation of systems within a large enterprise and the associated cost drivers and non-functional requirements in order to ensure solutions are ‘right sized’ and sustainable.
- An enthusiasm to ensure that solutions are designed and delivered to the highest possible quality by engaging with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to clearly explain the benefits and trade-offs associated with particular solutions and approaches – with particular reference to the long term cost and agility of our systems ecosystem.
- The critical abilities to identify relevant and important technical principles and standards within which IT solutions should be designed and delivered.
- The ability to understand the big picture – identifying opportunities, contributing to and shaping our enterprise architecture.
As a Solution Architect your role will ensure that appropriate project/product technical options are evaluated taking all requirements – business, financial and technical strategy – into account. You will be producing and communicating clear and unambiguous designs and ensuring that all of the financial impacts are understood and taken into account within the projects. You will manage the resolution of project/product technical issues and risks working collaboratively with other team members and subject matter experts.
You will be the central point of contact on architecture matters, liaising with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
You will support the work of other architects, contributing to the definition of roadmaps, technical strategy and standards. You will represent the interests of your business area and projects in the definition of group level standards – engaging in robust and collaborative discussions and participating in working groups.