Technical Lead - VOC
Voice of Customer Technical Lead
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to listen and understand our customers and grow our business. We recognise the value of being in tune with our customers and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience and service.
We have embarked on an exciting, large scale digital transformation programme and as part of that are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join the group Voice of Customer (VOC) programme in the TUI’s international Digital Transformation team. We operate our Voice of Customer programme in partnership with 3rd party suppliers to millions of customers around the world. We are headquartered in Germany, with an international office network in London, Porto, Berlin and Hanover to mention few.
This an excellent opportunity to join an international team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service (SAAS) customer feedback solutions to leapfrog TUIs capabilities in handling Voice of Customer. The aim is to enable a single platform for all our customer feedback needs and deliver an efficient and effective solution to manage customer feedback and reporting across all of TUI journeys and touchpoints. We are responsible for embedding the customer in everything TUI does, ensuring seamless customer experience and data-based decision making. You are invited to join this vital programme to drive the delivery of the new solution and standardising how TUI listens and understands their customers and takes action based on such insight.
- A flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment. We need someone who is action-driven with a strategic mind.
- Match technical solution to a business need and help explain and sell the solution to various levels of stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate to stakeholders in both technical and non-technical manner across various cultures.
- Ability to lead teams and drive people from a business and technical perspective to a successful outcome.
- You have retained sufficient technical skill to be able to configure and set up things with SAAS platforms (such as Qualtrics or equivalent) via web-based applications and scripts.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to think of the bigger picture, while filling in the details where needed.
- Ensure that solutions proposed in the VOC programme are within and working towards the broader Digital Platform strategic direction (which will be shared with you).
- Experience in delivery in large-scale enterprise-grade Voice of Customer solutions.
- Experience with Qualtrics platform, SAP Hybris Cloud4Customer (C4C) architecture or alternatives such as Salesforce, Foresee, Medallia or equivalent.
- Understand how APIs and system integrations work for the benefit of enriching VOC data.
- Experience in CRM, Customer 360-view and Customer MDM projects are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Agile project management and DevOps development are beneficial.
- Able to promote best practice and know instinctively when an existing practice is not helpful or carries unacceptable risk.
- Able to use planning tools such as Jira and Microsoft Project (or equivalent) to ensure commitments made to overall milestones can be justified by the current status of sprints and feature backlog in support to the project management.
- Able to support Quality Assurance managers in delivering best practice around automated functional testing, performance testing and penetration testing.
- Eager to learn new ways of thinking and to work as well as learning from previous experiences
To indeed have an impact, we need a dynamic, enthusiastic team player, who is the driving force of the customer feedback. This role is responsible for the progress with the VOC programme development, testing and infrastructure teams across all TUI source markets, working with various international project managers and IT teams to deliver the new VOC system and to decommission existing ones.
You will act as the technical delivery authority and project manager to provide direction during the development, configuration, build, test and deployment phases of the new Voice of Customer platform. Part of the job is also to support in coordinating efforts related to decommissioning of legacy VOC platforms. You will be ensuring all relevant technical, marketing and source market teams are working to best practice and joint outcome to be able to listen to our customers more effectively. As the VOC Technical Lead, you work closely with the Group IT and marketing teams as well as with source market project managers and IT teams to plan and adjust the resources and priorities in respect to the project plan. You will identify and manage risks and opportunities and collaborate closely with related stakeholders to mitigate them. You will also own the day-to-day activities of the Group IT efforts on this VOC programme.
You will have a strong background in managing Voice of Customer programmes from a technical perspective. You should have experience leading the development and test teams both internally and with 3rd party suppliers. You will be comfortable taking a best-practice approach to agile software-as-a-service delivery. We are looking for a blend of technical understanding coupled with the ability to manage various stakeholders around the world to deliver the new platform to all source markets.